Lanera Austral S.A. was founded in the year 1953 and in 1958 settled this industrial plant in the city of Trelew, Province of Chubut in the year 1958.

The progress can be traced back to mid ‘70s in terms of energy, roads, telecommunications, labour skills, , essential for the development of industrial activities and the fact that it was near sheep breeding and growing premises favored the city of Trelew to become an actual center for the processing of Argentine wools.